Wireless Communications System Laboratory
This is the declaration form that has to be attached to each post-lab report.
Avaliable components, that can be useful in experiments, are listed in our equipment list.
Some Useful Documents for the Equipment
Here are the useful documents in case you need to control the equipment through computer.
- Agilent Instruments and MATLAB
- Using MATLAB® to Create Agilent Signal and Spectrum Analyzer Applications
- 89601X VXA Measurement Application Users and Programmers Reference
- PSA Series Spectrum Analyzers - Basic Mode Guide
- PSA Series Spectrum Analyzers - Vol. 1 Core Spectrum Analyzer Functions
- PSA and ESA Series Spectrum Analyzers - Vol. 2 One-Button Power Measurements
- "HelloWorld" for IQ data transmission/reception over VSG/VSA
A list of publications produced within the scope of laboratory course.
- A. B. Kihero, M. Karabacak, H. Arslan, “Emulation Techniques for Small Scale Fading Aspects by using Reverberation Chamber,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, 67(2), 1246-1258, Feb. 2019.
- S. Dogan, M. Karabacak, H. Arslan, “Optimization of Antenna Beamwidth Under Blockage Impact in Millimeter-Wave Bands,” IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor, and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC), Sep. 9-12, 2018.
- M. H. Yilmaz, E. Guvenkaya, G. Mumcu, H. Arslan, “Millimeter-Wave Wireless Channel Control using Spatially Adaptive Antenna Arrays,” IEEE Communications Letters, 21(3), 680-683, Mar. 2017.
- A. F. Demir, Q. H. Abbasi, Z. E. Ankarali, A. Alomainy, K. Qaraqe, E. Serpedin, H. Arslan, “Anatomical Region-Specific In Vivo Wireless Communication Channel Characterization,” IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, 21(5), 1254-1262, Sept. 2017.
- A. F. Demir, Q. H. Abbasi, Z. E. Ankarali, M. Qaraqe, E. Serpedin, H. Arslan, “Experimental Characterization of In Vivo Wireless Communication Channels,” IEEE 82nd Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Fall), Short Paper, 1-2, Sept. 6-9, 2015.
- E. Güvenkaya, H. Arslan, "Frequency Domain Eye Diagram for Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiplexing", Wireless Innovation Forum Conference on Communications Technologies and Software Defined Radio 2013 (SDR - WInnComm '13), Washington, DC, USA, January 8-10, 2013.
- Z. E. Ankarali, A. Sahin, H. Arslan, "Adaptive Roll Off Utilization for FMT-Based FBMC Burst Structures" , Wireless Innovation Forum Conference on Communications Technologies and Software Defined Radio 2013 (SDR - WInnComm '13), Washington, DC, USA, January 8-10, 2013.
- M. Karabacak, A. Sahin, H. Arslan, "RF Domain Channel Emulation Techniques with SAW Filters", Wireless Innovation Forum Conference on Communications Technologies and Software Defined Radio 2013 (SDR - WInnComm '13), Washington, DC, USA, January 8-10, 2013.
- M. B. Celebi, H. Celebi, H. Arslan, K. Qaraqe, "Spectrum Sensing Testbed Design for Cognitive Radio Applications", in IEEE Signal Processing and Communications Applications (SIU), Antalya, Turkey, Apr. 2011. [English version]
- S. Guzelgoz and H. Arslan, "A Wireless Communications Systems Laboratory Course," IEEE Transactions on Education, vol.53, no.4, pp.532-541, Nov. 2010.
- H. B. Celebi and H. Arslan, "A Joint Blind Carrier Frequency and Phase Offset Detector and Modulation Order Identifier for MPSK Signals " in IEEE 2010 Radio and Wireless Symposium (RWS 2010), New Orleans, LA, Jan. 2010.
- S. Guzelgoz and H. Arslan, "Modeling, simulation, testing, and measurements of wireless communication systems: A laboratory based approach," in Proc. IEEE WAMICON (Invited Paper), April 2009, Clearwater, FL.
- O. Zakaria and H. Arslan, "Blind Signal Identification for ISM Band Cognitive Radio Design," in Software Defined Radio Forum 2009 (SDR '09), Washington, DC, USA, December 1-4, 2009.
- E. Terzi and H. Arslan, "Blind Symbol Rate Estimation: A Two Stage Approach," in Proc. IEEE 17th Signal Processing, Communication and Applications Conference (SIU 2009), Antalya, Turkey, April 09-11, 2009.
- E. Terzi, H. B. Celebi and H. Arslan, "A Joint Modulation Identification and Frequency Offset Correction Algorithm for QAM Systems" in Software Defined Radio Forum 2009 (SDR '09), Washington, DC, USA, December 1-4, 2009.
- A. Marquez, L. Martinez, W. Moreno, and H. Arslan, "Vertical Handoff in Wireless Overlapping Networks," in SDR Forum 2008, Washington D.C.
- S. Guzelgoz, A. Hesham, O. Zakaria, and H. Arslan, "An SDR Based Wireless Laboratory: Introducing Multi-Dimensional Signal Analysis," in SDR Forum, June 2008.