Wireless Communications System Laboratory
The objective of this course is to teach wireless communication concepts through hands-on experiments.
Topics of Interest
- Using SDR-capable signal analyzers and generators with enhanced capabilities.
- Wireless communication systems front-end hardware such as mixer, filter, power amplifier, LNA, VCO, etc.
- Understanding popularly used modulation types in various wireless standards.
- Understanding the tools used to quantify the quality of wireless signals: Spectrum analysis, Time domain analysis, Code domain analysis, Joint time and frequency analysis, cyclostationarity analysis, angular domain analysis, space domain analysis, EVM, CCDF, Constellation, Eye diagrams, etc.
- Multi-dimensional signal analysis (features of CDMA, Bluetooth, and WLAN signals).
- Filter effect in wireless communication systems and study of various digital baseband filters.
- Synchronization in wireless communications (time, frequency, and phase synchronization) and channel estimation.
- Communication channel impact in wireless systems.
- RF front-end distortions in wireless systems.
- Interference analysis.
- Main features of OFDM signals
- Familiarization with the future wireless communication systems and concepts.
This is the course description.