Hisham Abdelaziz Mahmoud
Tel: (813) 974-5005,
Ph.D.: Electrical Engineering, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, March 2009.
MS: Electrical Engineering, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt, June 2005
BS: Electrical Engineering, Cairo University at Fayoum, Fayoum, Egypt, May 2002
- Cognitive Radio
- OFDM(A) Systems:
- Interference cancellation
- Channel estimation
- Receiver/channel impairments
- Channel Coding:
- Concatenated codes (Turbo codes, Reed-Solomon codes)
- Soft information generation
- H. A. Mahmoud and H. Arslan, Error Vector Magnitude to SNR Conversion for Nondata-Aided Receivers, accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications.
- H. A. Mahmoud, T. Yucek and H. Arslan, OFDM for Cognitive Radio: Merits and Challenges, accepted for publication in in IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine.
- H. A. Mahmoud, H. Arslan, and M. K. Ozdemir, “An Efficient Ranging Algorithm for WiMAX (802.16e) OFDMA,” Elsevier Computer Communications Journal, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 159–168, Jan. 2009.
- H. A. Mahmoud and H. Arslan, "Sidelobe Suppression in OFDM-based Spectrum Sharing Systems Using Adaptive Symbol Transition", IEEE Communications Letters, vol.12, no.2, pp.133-135, February 2008.
- H. A. Mahmoud, M. Khairy, and M. Fikri, "Concatenated Coding and Online SNR Estimation for FH-SS Systems in the Presence of Partial Band Jamming", Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Vol. 54, No. 5, Oct. 2007, pp. 533–552, Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University, Egypt.
- H. Arslan, H. A. Mahmoud, and T. Yucek, OFDM for Cognitive Radio: Merits and Challenges, to appear in Cognitive Radio, Software Defined Radio, and Adaptive Wireless Systems, Springer, 2007.
- H. Arslan, and H. A. Mahmoud, System and Method of Improved Channel Estimation for Wireless OFDM Systems, U.S. Patent Application, Patent US 20070153926 (USF Ref. No. 05B131PR), July, 2007.
- H. A. Mahmoud and H. Arslan, “Sidelobe Suppression in OFDM-based Spectrum Sharing Systems Using Adaptive Symbol Transition”, USF Ref. No. 07B092.
- H. A. Mahmoud, H. Arslan, M. K. Ozdemir, and F. E. Retnasothie, "IQ Imbalance Correction for OFDMA Uplink Systems," accepted for publication in IEEE Internation Conference on Communications (ICC), Dresden, Germany, 14-18 Jun. 2009.
- H. A. Mahmoud, and H. Arslan, "Spectrum shaping of OFDM-based cognitive radio signals," IEEE Radio and Wireless Symposium (RWS),Orlando, Florida, 22-24 Jan. 2008, pp.113-116.
- H. A. Mahmoud, and H. Arslan, "Improved Channel Estimation in OFDM Systems with Synchronization Errors and Back-off," IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC), Montréal, Canada, 25-28 Sep.r 2006.
- H. A. Mahmoud, H. Arslan, and M.K. Ozdemir "Initial Ranging for WiMAX (802.16e) OFDMA," IEEE Military Communications Conference (MILCOM), Washington, DC, Oct. 2006.
- H. A. Mahmoud,"Advanced Transceiver Algorithms for OFDM(A) systems", Ph.D. Dissertation, University of South Florida, March, 2009.
- H. A. Mahmoud,"Concatenated codes for FH/MFSK anti-jamming systems", M.S. thesis, Cairo University, June, 2005.